Rebecca Shwayder Aman
Rebecca is an attorney in the firm’s Estate Planning & Taxation and Business & Technology Groups and also has experience in the areas of Employment and Real Estate law. As a member of the Estate Planning & Taxation group, Rebecca prepares wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills and advance medical directives. She also handles estate and trust administration, corporate and partnership tax issues, non-profit organizations and business succession planning. In the area of Business & Technology law, Rebecca’s practice includes business formation and transactions, the sale and acquisition of businesses, and advising clients on issues such as corporate governance matters. Rebecca has experience with commercial and residential real estate transactions, as well as tax-deferred 1031 exchanges. In addition, she advises employers about employee benefits, as well as the tax aspects of employment and employee benefit issues.
Rebecca currently serves as Secretary on the Board of the Hampton Roads Chapter of the American Red Cross and is a sustaining member of the Junior League of Hampton Roads.
Rebecca was born in Portsmouth, Virginia and raised in Newport News, Virginia. She and her family live in Newport News.
- Coastal Virginia Magazine Top Lawyers– 2015 Top Lawyers
- Virginia Business Legal Elite 2016 – IP/Trademark
Educational and Professional Background
- Stanford University, A.B. (1996)
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D. (2000)
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in Taxation (2005)
- Admitted to practice:
- Virginia (2000)
Activities and Affiliations
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Newport News Bar Association
- American Red Cross, Hampton Roads Chapter Board
- Junior League of Hampton Roads
- American Heart Association, Peninsula Heart Gala Sponsorship Committee (2007)