Blair M. Mathias
Blair M. Mathias is a member of the firm’s Litigation, Business Law and Employment Law practice groups. Blair is committed to serving our clients and our community by providing excellent services and effective solutions when legal issues arise, at the transactional level or in a litigation context. Blair practices regularly in the Circuit Courts and General District Courts throughout Southeastern Virginia. She actively represents clients in civil litigation, including both jury and bench trials, covering real estate, creditor’s rights, construction, employment, business and landlord/tenant.
Blair attended Bucknell University, graduating cum laude, with a double major in International Relations and Spanish. She subsequently received a Master’s degree in Foreign Affairs from Pennsylvania State University, before earning a Juris Doctor from The University of Richmond School of Law.
During law school, Blair won the Alternative Dispute Resolution Competition, representing Richmond Law at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Competition, and served as the Publications Editor for the Public Interest Law Review.
Based in her strong belief in the importance of public service and advocacy on behalf of the underrepresented, Blair completed over 180 hours of pro bono legal work and public service, and received the Carrico Center’s Pro Bono Award in 2017.
Educational & Professional Background
- Bucknell University, B.A., cum laude, International Relations and Spanish (2010)
- Pennsylvania State University, M.A., cum laude, International Affairs (2011)
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D. (2017)
- Admitted to practice in Virginia
Activities & Affiliations
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Newport News Bar Association
- United Way – Emerging Leaders Society Board Member
- Virginia Business Magazine’s Legal Elite – Young Lawyer