Matthew D. Meadows
Matt actively represents clients in civil litigation, including both jury and bench trials, covering real estate, creditor’s rights, construction, employment, business and landlord/tenant. He practices regularly in the Circuit Courts and General District Courts throughout Southeastern Virginia. He represents clients in Unemployment Compensation Hearings before the Virginia Employment Commission and Hearings before the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation. Matt also represents developers of residential and mixed-used communities and prepares restrictive covenants and other associated documentation, as well as Home Owners’ Associations.
In addition to his litigation practice, Matt is also CRESPA certified and handles residential and commercial loan transactions. Furthermore, Matt actively represents clients in forming new businesses and selling and purchasing existing businesses and regularly lectures on the topic of choosing the appropriate entity for small business owners.
Matt is also active in the community. He previously served as President of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Peninsula and has been a member of the United Way Community Investment panel since 2004. Matt also serves as legal counsel to the York County Chamber of Commerce.
Virginia Business Magazine’s Legal Elite in 2005, 2006 & 2016.
(www.virginiabusiness.com December 2005-2006).
Super Lawyers-2015 Super Lawyer Rising Star
Coastal Virginia Magazine Top Lawyers-2015 Top Lawyer
THE FOLLOWING CASE RESULTS DEPEND UPON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE. CASE RESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY FUTURE CASES UNDERTAKEN.
- Along with Bert Kelly, successfully litigated employee dispute against a large Northern Virginia IT Company resulting in the highest verdict ever obtained in the York County Circuit Court (4.2 Million, March 2005)
Educational and Professional Background
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia, Juris Doctor 2001
- Randolph-Macon College, Ashland, Virginia, Bachelor of Arts 1998•cum laude•Phi Beta Kappa
Activities and Affiliations
- Supreme Court of Virginia, Admitted 2001
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, Admitted 2002
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, Admitted 2002
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia, Admitted 2004
- Virginia Bar Association
- Newport News Bar Association